Version: July 2023
This Policy has been updated on 2 July, 2023.
“Affiliates” mean parties with whom Shadhin have an existing business relationship through a legal instrument.
“Application” refers to the Company’s mobile application and Web Application. Hereinafter also refered as App.
“Applicable Law” means “Laws of Bangladesh”
“Data” means information which is intentionally processed by means of equipment operating automatically or otherwise.
“Data Subject” means an individual who is the subject of the personal data.
“Non-Personal Information” includes information that your phone sends to us each time our application is accessed which includes your phone’s Internet Protocol address, phone model, our service-related pages you visit, time and date of your visit, time spent on these pages and preferences that are generated based on the data you submit and number of clicks.
“Personal Information” means any information related to an identifiable individual/business that is provided to us at the time of registration or while obtaining our Services. Personal Information can be categorized as follows:
- Identity Data (for example, user’s name, contact number, billing and shipping address, e-mail address, etc); and
- Economics and transactions (for example, card details, payment information, banking information, credit information, Tax documents, financial transaction history, etc).
“Services” refer the products or services offered by Shadhin
“User” or “you” or ““your” shall mean any Person who accesses, downloads, uses and/or views this website and/or the services.
“Website” refers to the Company’s website https://shadhinbd.com/.
“We”, “Us”, “Our” and “Shadhin” refer to the Company.
INFORMATION WE COLLECT
For the purpose of providing our Services or communicating with you effectively, we will require you to provide among others the following types of information:
- Personal Information: We collect information/documents from you when you register on the Website/App, when you create a profile on the Website/App, when you update your profile on the Website/App, when you use the features on the Website/App, when you participate in surveys conducted by Shadhin on the Website/App and when you carry out transactions on the Application. The term Personal Information shall include your name, address, gender, date of birth, marital status, e-mail id and mobile phone number, your NID number, your images and photos, if any etc.
- Non-Personal Information: We collect Non-Personal Information to track the use of the Application and Shadhin Services and for other internal purposes, such as providing, maintaining, evaluating, and improving Services and the Application.
- Communications with Shadhin: If you communicate with us regarding the Shadhin Application or Website or its connected services, we will collect any information that you provide to us in any such communication.
- Analytic and Reporting Technologies: Like the operators of most websites and mobile application, we use analytic and reporting technologies to record Non-Personal Information such as Internet domain and host names, Internet protocol (IP) addresses, browser software, operating system types, clickstream patterns, and the dates and times that the Application or Website and Services are accessed.
This Policy is a legally binding agreement between you including your client, employee, authorized representatives, employer or another entity if you are acting on their behalf as the user of the Services (referred to as “you”, “your” or “user”) and the Company. Upon acceptance of these terms and conditions, you hereby grant an unequivocal and absolute consent to share your personal information (but not your Sensitive Personal Data / Information) with third parties. Shadhin is not required to seek your consent once again in respect of sharing your personal information with third parties. If we add any new features, functionalities or tools to our Services, they will also be subject to this Policy.
USE OF INFORMATION & DISCLOSURE
- Depending on how you interact on our Platform, we will process your Personal and Non-Personal Information to manage your registration as user of our application (for example, identifying you as a user, granting you access to various Services and functionalities, etc.).
- Your Data is collected and retained by us to customize your experience in using this Website/App, such as for the following purposes: to troubleshoot problems, to respond to your enquiries, requests and emails to provide clarity on the Services offered on this Website/App and fulfill requests for information regarding the Services offered by Shadhin in this Website/App to send you information related to the Services to send you marketing communications, surveys, advertisements, products and offers that may align with your interests to enable you to use this Website/App.
- We will also continue to store anonymous or anonymized information, such as website visits, without identifiers, in order to improve our Services.
- We may disclose Personal Information to our affiliates in your local jurisdiction or other locations as necessary or appropriate to provide the product or service you requested, to contact you in connection with product or service offerings, or for other legitimate business purposes. The names and addresses of our affiliates are published along with our design, products and services on our Website/App.
- We would share your personal information with marketing agencies and other businesses if we in our sole discretion understand that your information may be used to market the Application or a product or service. We may also make public your personal information in relation to any testimonials and feedback that you may provide us with and you hereby grant us the right to make such testimonials and feedback public on any public platform that we may choose.
- We may use third party service providers to serve ads on our behalf across the Internet and sometimes on the Shadhin Application or website. They may collect anonymous information about your visits to our Shadhin Application or website, and your interaction with our products and services. They may also use information about your visits to this and other websites to target advertisements for goods and services.
- We will use your data for internal purposes such as the following: to conduct internal reviews and data analysis for this Website/App, improve the Services on this Website/App and tailor the Content and advertising to efficiently meet the needs of Users to safeguard the integrity of this Website to conduct internal reviews and data analysis of this website.
- We may disclose your Personal Information to any successor-in-interest of ours, such as a company that acquires us. In the event Shadhin goes through a business transition, such as a merger or acquisition by or with another company, or sale of all or a portion of our assets, your Personal Information will likely be among the assets transferred. You will be notified via email or by a notice on our Website/App of any such change in ownership or control of your Personal Information.
- We may disclose your Personal Information and/or Sensitive Personal Data / Information to prevent an emergency, to respond to legal requirements, to protect or enforce our rights and policies, to protect or enforce the rights of a third party, or as required or permitted by law (including, without limitation, to comply with a summon or court order).’
- We will further share your Personal Information where we have consent from you to share the same.
PROTECTION OF INFORMATION:
- We will keep your information untampered and as it is, as provided to us by you. If you request access to the information you provided, we will inform you of the existence, use and disclosure of that information as allowed by law, and provide you access to that information.
- We assure you that your information is safe and secure. We use industry standards, and physical and technical and administrative security measures to keep your personal information with third parties, except otherwise provided under this Policy.
- Shadhin will never sell or trade to any third-party organization, where Shadhin does not have any stake, any personal information that you provide on our application at the time of registration or while obtaining our services. Again, for business purposes they can access your Personal Information but are bound by Non-Disclosure Agreement.
- We store data in password-protected servers with limited access to the employees and other personnel consultants on a need-to-know basis.
- We further protect your information from potential security breaches by implementing certain technological security measures including encryption, firewalls and Secure Socket Layer (SSL) technology.
- Access to your online account on the website /Mobile App is password protected, you are solely responsible for maintaining the confidentiality of that password. To ensure the safety of your personal information, you are advised against sharing your username and password with anyone.
However, these measures do not guarantee that your information will not be accessed, disclosed, altered or destroyed by breach of firewalls and secure server software. By using our Service, you acknowledge that you understand and agree to assume these risks.
We do not knowingly collect or solicit any information from anyone under the age of 13 on the Services provided by Shadhin. In the event that we learn that we have inadvertently collected personal information from a child under the age of 13, we will delete that information as quickly as possible. If you believe that we might have any information from a child under 13, please contact us at email@example.com.
INFORMATION FROM COOKIES AND WEB BEACONS
Apart from using cookies the Application and website also uses web beacons which is an often-transparent graphic image often-transparent, usually no larger than a 1×1 pixel that is placed on a web page or in an email that is used to monitor the behavior of the user visiting the Application, website or receiving emails from Shadhin.
PERSONAL DATA SECURITY AND CONFIDENTIALITY:
We maintain adequate technical and organizational security measures to protect Personal Information from loss, misuse, and unauthorized access, disclosure, alteration, or destruction.
While processing personal data Shadhin shall comply with the following principles of data protection:
1. Consent and accountability:
Shadhin shall be accountable to the data subject for the data collected, and the personal data, other than sensitive personal data, process personal data of a data subject with his consent to the processing of the personal data.
2. Fair and reasonable:
Shadhin shall collect and process such personal data in a fair and reasonable manner that respects the laws of the country.
Shadhin shall collect, process, hold or use adequate, relevant and not excessive or unnecessary personal data and take reasonable steps to ensure that the personal data is accurate, complete, not misleading and kept up to date by having regard to the purpose.
Shadhin shall retain personal data for the period authorized by any law made thereunder.
5. Access to data and data quality:
Shadhin shall ensure quality of information collected, processed, held or used and a data subject shall be given access to his personal data held and be able to correct that personal data where the personal data is inaccurate, incomplete, misleading or not up-to-date.
Shadhin shall ensure transparency and participation of the data subject in collection, processing, holding or use of personal data, and subject to this policy. No personal data shall, without the consent of the data subject, be disclosed for any purpose other than the purpose for which the personal data is to be disclosed at the time of collection of the personal data.
Shadhin shall observe security safeguards in respect of data and when processing personal data, take proper steps to protect the personal data from any loss, misuse, modification, unauthorized or accidental access or disclosure, alteration or destruction.
PERSONAL DATA ACCESS AND CORRECTION:
Shadhin will provide access to, update and amend, and/or delete the Personal Information in accordance with applicable laws. You can request access to and have the opportunity to update and amend your Personal Information, and, you can exercise the other rights acknowledged by applicable data protection legislation, including, for example, objection to and blocking of the processing of your Personal Information, by contacting us at firstname.lastname@example.org.
ACCOUNT DELETION POLICY:
At Shadhin, we value the privacy and control of our users over their personal data. We understand that you may wish to delete your account and associated data from our servers. Therefore, we have implemented an account deletion feature in our app, which allows users to request the deletion of their accounts. However, it is a case-by- case determination that depends on things like the nature of the data, why it is collected and processed, and relevant legal or operational retention needs.
- Account deletion request: To initiate the account deletion process, navigate to the app settings and select the “Delete Account” option. This will redirect the user to this form: https://shadhinbd.com/account-deletion/ which will allow them to state their reason for deletion with relevant information.
- Data deletion: After receiving the account deletion request, relevant team from Shadhin will analyze and scrutinize the deletion request and will allow the users who have not applied for any loan through Shadhin to delete their account via an email that is associated with the mentioned account. Upon acceptance by the user all associated data linked to your account will be deleted from our servers, including personal information. Please note that the data deletion process may take some time to complete, and backups or cached copies of your data may persist for a limited period.
- Data retention: Shadhin may retain certain data for legitimate purposes, including but not limited to:
a) – Compliance with legal obligations or regulatory requirements.
b) – Resolving disputes, enforcing our terms of service, or protecting our rights.
- Communication and Confirmation:
We will provide you with confirmation via email or in-app notification once your account deletion request has been processed.
- No Sensitive Personal Data or Information is automatically collected by Shadhin from any visitors of the Websites who are merely perusing or browsing the Website (“Visitor”).
LINKS TO OTHER WEBSITES:
CHANGE OF POLICY:
If you have any questions regarding our website or this Policy, please contact us at email@example.com